Thursday 3 January 2013

My biggest issue right now...

Uni work. Its balls. I have so so much work to do, so many pointless essay that aren't relevant to anything. It has gotten to the stage now where i really can't be bothered to make an effort with my written work as i fail to realise how being able to write a good essay will make me a good nurse. I am a good nurse, i just can't get my head around the Harvard referencing system... Does that really mean i should be made to feel like i am no good at what i do? I care for people, i don't need to be able to write 2000 words on how to work well in a team, i can just do it!
Essay writing shouldn't determine how good a nurse you are, and it pisses me off when i receive a less than fantastic mark then some other boasters on my course because i feel like i am an idiot and am not cut out to do this job. I know i can do this job, and i can do it well and i know for a fact that there are people on my course who consistently get 2:1 or Firsts in their essays but do not have a caring bone in their body, have no common sense and just see nursing as another job. Yet these are the people who will get the fantastic degree, the best jobs and quicker employment... and that hardly seems fair to me.
In other words, the system irks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment